Game concept definition: live games!?

Started by
2 comments, last by Yuye 2 years, 5 months ago

Hi guys! I am developing my thesis around using environment storytelling to generate more content for the players and avoiding dropouts in current living games, for these I was wondering if there was some nomenclature referring to a genre or concept about games that have no content limited cause are in constant development and maintanance as Destiny 2, WoW, Fortnite…

I am not taking into account some cases that use sequels or big dlcs as episodic narrative but games that constantly evolve around seasons or roadmaps. So if anyone has knowledge about this topic or know about discussions that are worth joining, I could use your help here!

Thanks a lot!

None

Advertisement

You will need to define terms the first time you use them, maybe even include a glossary at the back end. You can use “living” or “live” but you have to define the terms. You can use the term GAAS also, Games As A Service. It may also be necessary to define a term for games that don't get updated, like “fire and forget” games, or “closed” games. Define the terms you use, and don't use the terms in a way that contradicts the definitions you provide.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper Thanks for the advice!

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement